Monday, October 17, 2011

Feeling Poorly

Speaking of feeling unwell, ‘poorly’ is one of my favorite English words, but don’t wait 
until you have an excuse to use it, visit your local doctor today. 

It is really important to register with your local General Practitioner (GP) as soon as you arrive. 
If you have been granted a visa for six months or more you should be eligible for free medical treatment under the NHS. Generally speaking you won’t be able to receive free treatment until you are registered or included on your GP’s ‘list’. When you register at your local GP you will also be registered with the NHS and receive an NHS medical card in the mail shortly after. 

If you are sick on the weekend and your GP is closed call the NHS direct on: 0845 4647 who will be able to advise you on what to do. Note: Private Health Insurance is strongly advised for those visitors staying in the UK for less than 6 months.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...