Thursday, July 05, 2012

Where has the summer gone?

This is the worst summer ever! No really, it's a fact. According to a report I read this morning, 
last month was the wettest June since records began! Can it get any more depressing?

Funnily enough, this year marks the 20th anniversary of the Sky Umbrella, designed by Tibor Kalman for the New York Museum of Modern Art's Design Store. In celebration, MoMA is reaching out to reintroduce the umbrella to a new generation of fans and they've certainly found one in me! 


Top: Havainas in: Green, Blue Sky, Citrus Yellow. Bottom: Hunter Original's in: Spring Green, Turquoise & Citrus
 
In desperation to brighten up my dreary mood, I've even considered trading in my flip flops (thongs) for a pair of these brightly coloured wellies (gumboots). It's hard to ignore the similarities in Hunter's 'summer' colour palette, but does anyone really buy them at this time of year?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...