Monday, August 06, 2012

Cool bike accessories

Sadly, like almost everyone in Oxford, I own a burgundy, ladies, Raleigh hybrid. You know the one. Nice, basic, entry level bike with nothing too special about it. But as any fashionista will tell you, it's all about the accessories daaar-ling! So why let our bikes be the exception?


Honored by Architizer as one of the Ten Best Bike-related Design Innovations of 2011, this neat leather Frame Cinch secures just about anything (narrow) to the top tube of your bike.

Two leather Frame Cinches can also be used  to neatly secure your brolly.

Here's something we could all use in Oxford, a Drybike brolly holder!

I know most people usually use TomTom when they're driving, but am I the only one who gets lost whilst cycling? With this GoRide - Bike Mount for iPhone 3G/3GS I'll never be lost again. GoRide is also great for using iPhone bike apps like; iMapMyRide, EveryTrail, Trail Blazer, Cychosis, RunKeeper and MotionX-GPS to track your progress and map your ride.

If you like cycling and you like wine, you’re going to love this! Oopsmark's Bicycle Wine Rack attaches easily to any 1″ bike frame and holds the bottle securely with a hidden clamp.

Who says that bicycle bags have to look like… bicycle bags? This Frame Bag by Retrovelo is super stylish and provides two compartments, perfect for A4 notebooks or your laptop.

This Walnut Barrel Bag is also super cute and perfect for carrying smaller items like keys, sunglasses, and phones. 

Need a good coffee to start your day? The LugCup coffee holder has got you covered.



Now you're really going to think I'm an alcoholic but this Bicycle Can Cage can be used for other things than a beer you know! And last but not least, don't miss the Spoke Lites I posted late last year. 

These are just a few of my favorites, but there are lots more out there. What do you think? Have you found any beauties of your own? I'd love to hear any other fun ways you've personalised your bike. 

Speaking of which, I've decided to let you all in on a little secret. I'm going to give my bike a makeover. I'll post the before and after photos soon, but in the mean time, wish me luck!

Update: My bicycle makeover is now complete. Take a peek.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out Rockford rockbed for attaching an iphone - Brett just got one and he LOVEs it.
Also monkeylectric bike lights are AMAZING! You can see moving images on the spokes of the bike as you ride :-)

Anonymous said...

I've just ordered myself a bicycle wine rack! Kate

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the six pack holder.

Anonymous said...

This blog is really a great source of information for me.Thank you for sharing such a useful content.Feel free to visit my web page Bicycle seats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...