Thursday, October 13, 2011

Welcome to The Oxford Fresher


Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance,
you must keep moving.  ~Albert Einstein 

Hi my name is Renee and I moved to Oxford (from Australia) at the beginning of 2010. I started the Oxford Fresher as a way to share my experiences and help others moving to Oxford. I know the term ‘fresher’ is usually reserved for college students, but I use it broadly here for anyone  'new' to Oxford. 

Moving is stressful at the best of times and moving to a new city or country can take it to a whole new level. I hope The Oxford Fresher will help to put you at ease amid this busy and exciting time and provide a place to turn when you are feeling lost or frustrated. I’ll be including tips on everything from where to live to buying the perfect bicycle and hope to take all of the bumps out of the ride to ensure you’re move to Oxford is a smooth one.

Please check back regularly or enter your email under 'FOLLOW' at the top, right hand side of this page to receive an email whenever I add a new post.

If you have any specific questions about moving to Oxford that I haven't yet covered please feel free to email me and hopefully with the help of The Oxford Fresher, we’ll have your feeling like a local in no time.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...